Journey of Groveton Mission to St. Mark's Episcopal Church
The below pictorial pdf files represent the journey of the Groveton Mission to present day St. Mark's Episcopal Church:
From 1880 to 1883 - Beginning in the original 1876 Groveton Schoolhouse.
In 1903 - 1st Groveton Chapel built in 1903 on land donated by the Reid family.
In 1929 - 2nd Groveton Chapel renamed Christ Church of Groveton (officially named Groveton Episcopal Chapel).
From 1954-1959 - St. Mark's Episcopal Church re-located on South Kings Hwy.
From 2003 to the present - St. Mark's Episcopal Church remodeled.