Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
The Episcopal Church »  |  The Diocese of Virginia

Pictorial Journey of Groveton Mission

Journey of Groveton Mission to St. Mark's Episcopal Church

 

The below pictorial pdf files represent the journey of the Groveton Mission to present day St. Mark's Episcopal Church:

From 1880  to 1883 - Beginning in the original 1876 Groveton Schoolhouse

1903 - 1st Groveton Chapel built in 1903 on land donated by the Reid family

1929 - 2nd Groveton Chapel renamed Christ Church of Groveton (officially named Groveton Episcopal Chapel)

From 1954-1959 - St. Mark's Episcopal Church re-located on South Kings Hwy

From 2003 to the present - St. Mark's Episcopal Church remodeled